Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where Problems Do Not Exist

My dormant body wakes to the sound of the music that blares through my alarm clock. Another dream has come and gone. Another day is made anew. I remove the covers from over my body and rise from the comfort of my warm bed. As I trudge to the bathroom I reminisce on how wonderful it would be to climb back in bed and fall into a deep sleep. To dream without an end. As the rain comes down outside my window, I step into the comforting warmth of the running shower which arouses my body. Why must I leave the comforting warmth that envelops me in my shower and bed. The sleep, which surrounds me in the nights, helps me to forget about the troubles which one must face when awoken. When you sleep, you do not have to think, decide, or work. The peace that is brought with sleep is one that I do not want to leave when my alarm clock goes off. How can one find reassurance in anything else? The rain outside does not help because its problems of the world. Under the covers, the warmth is soothing and problems cannot reach you. You begin to forget about the rest of the world and dream od other places, in which problems do not exist.

No comments: